Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sad Birthday Tape

So my birthday is coming up on the 17th and I have to admit I have not really started thinking about it at all until now. Sophia and I have some plans to go see They Might Be Giants in June with Angie, and we're all looking forward to that as sort of our collective "happy birthday" since mine and Angie's birthdays are this month and Soph's is June 23rd...anyway, as for the actual day of my birthday, I have no idea what to do! We're considering getting all our friends together to go eat fondue but I'm still not sure. Having your friends come out to an expensive ass restaurant when they're just as broke as you are isn't exactly hip!

So I'm sitting here, making myself depressed because I've gotta dub these Teenager cassettes for some SSR orders and damn if this material doesn't always get to me. Blah blah blah. It's strange to think that I'll be a quarter of a century old! I don't even remember what I would've been thinking about last year around this time...maybe just some wine and tapas at Gervine. I do recall telling myself Sun-Day would be finished before my 25th birthday, mostly because I wanted to be able to say I completed a 24-disc boxset in the year I was 24, but obviously Sun-Day isn't done because that idea would've rushed the shit out of the project and I'd regret it forever...man what a rant!

I know nobody comes here to read about my everyday life. All you really care about is music, right? Well here's all the music updates I have right now: 4 new releases are coming in the shop next week...the first official Milieu video has been completed and will be online for free soon...did a ton of remixes recently, for folks such as Wood-Land, Asymmetrical Head, Eleven Steps, Alpha Aesar, Obfusc...working on even more for Phasen, Humeka and Koen Park...sending some demos out for the first time in years, not really because I need people to release me or anything, but more because poor David and me can't release EVERYTHING I make these days, and also because I sort of need to find out if anyone out there in the label world even cares about releasing a Milieu album anymore...so if any of you reading this want a catchy beat-based Milieu album and are willing to press it on vinyl, please get in touch! I have a completed 14 track record that's just sitting in the vault because Colortone isn't even out yet!

Anyway, to give this blog post some sort of purpose, here's a little mixtape I made for myself and some friends on my birthday month. Let me know if any of you are interested in a rip and I'll upload it somewhere.

SIDE A:
Jandek - Left The Beach Last Sunday
Otis Redding - I've Got Dreams To Remember
Freescha - Abominable Love
Dadamah - High Tension House
Throbbing Gristle - Blood On The Floor
The Cardigans - War
Iggy & The Stooges - I Need Somebody
Lee Hazlewood - The Night Before

SIDE B:
Rob Montejo - In Light Of
Sagor & Swing - Melodi
Shuttle358 - Finch
Roommates - National Anthem
Spiritualized - Shine A Light
The B-52's - Follow Your Bliss

1 comment:

Specta Ciera said...

Happy (early) Birthday!! Best wishes and all that good stuff. ;)

I'm gonna be 30 this year, so I'm already in a similar mood every time I think of my upcoming birthday.

Cant wait to hear all your upcoming releases, especially vinyl!